Saturday 3 March 2012

2012 11+1 Challenge - Feb Done + March WIP


Ok, I sort of forgot to post this by the end of Feb.
I have finished my first month of the 2012 11+1 Challenge set by Varagon at the Pen and Lead Blog

I give you - Dr Mercury (click pics to view larger)




Mithril silver, black wash and a high gloss finish.
Mounted on a Fenris Games resin base.
He didn't turn out quite as well as I had hoped. I did want to make the finish smoother but had problems with paint thickness on the first layer.
I like the finished result but I am going to do another in the future to try and get him closer to what I wanted.

March WIP
I have started on 2 more. Seabolt and Nuclear Jones.
Plan to have both finished this month if I can along with my Pulp City painting exchange mini.
(recognise the Nuclear Jones colour scheme?)


Here is the full list as it stands at the moment.

2012 11+1 Challenge
1. Dr Mercury - Done
2.Nuclear Jones - WIP
3.Seabolt - WIP
4. Arquero + Avatar of the Jaguar
5. Captain Hadron - inc Mini + Giant
6. Vector + 4 Pixels
7. Francis Gator + 6" swamp
8. CORE + 3 tokens
9. Dr. Tenebrous
10. Sovereign

11. (something special) 3 Grimm - Hulking, Elder and Driller

+1. (something even more specialer) PULP MONSTER!!!!!

Im off back to the painting table.
Hendybadger awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

2 comments:

  1. Nice! I think Dr. Mercury came out great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe. The one part the photo didnt capture is the gloss. It does look more like molten metal in person

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...